Most cats and dogs will pick up fleas often in their lifetimes. It’s just one of those things. But it is unpleasant. If you were a dog or cat, you’d want a treatment that was effective at killing fleas, yet gentle*. That’s why we’ve developed Activyl®, a new spot-on flea treatment that works through bioactivation. This means it only switches on inside the flea, to deliver full flea-killing power.
Activyl® breaks the flea life cycle and prevents reinfestation
Fleas can quickly become a significant problem for dogs and cats and the rest of the family. Since each female flea can produce 40 to 50 eggs or more a day, even just a few fleas can infest your entire home in a matter of days.
Apply Activyl® monthly to break the flea life cycle. This:
– Ensures that the fleas that jump onto your pet will soon stop feeding, be paralysed and die
– Kills eggs and larvae in the environment and prevents reinfestation
– Helps in the management of pets that develop itchy skin (flea allergy dermatitis or FAD) due to flea bites
Activyl® kills fleas fast
Activyl® starts to work quickly after it is applied. Studies show that Activyl® kills 90% of fleas within 12 hours of first application. Thereafter, Activyl® kills 99% of newly arriving fleas within 8-12 hours for a full month.
Activyl® is quick drying and water fast in dogs
Activyl® has been tested in dogs to make sure it is not easily rinsed or washed off. It remains effective after shampooing and swimming. It also remains effective after exposure to rain.
Activyl® is conveniently available in 1 month and 6 month packs
Activyl® is approved for use in:
– Dogs and puppies over 1.5 kg from 8 weeks of age.
– Cats and kittens from 8 weeks of age.
- is a monthly spot-on product used to kill fleas. That means it is only applied to a small area of skin but soon spreads on the skin and coat.
Five different presentations of Activyl® for Dogs are available for use on different size dogs from 1.5 kg of weight and 8 weeks of age. Two different presentations of Activyl® for Cats are available for cats from 8 weeks of age. Different product presentations in both Activyl® for Dogs and Activyl® for Cats are necessary to kill fleas effectively. For the best flea protection, it is important that you select the right presentation for your pet.
It is also important that you apply it correctly to your pet, as explained below:
Applying Activyl® to dogs and cats
1. Open the foil pouch and remove the applicator.
2. Hold the applicator in an upright position pointing away from your face and snap the tip open by bending it and folding it back on itself.
3. Part the coat until the skin is visible.
Part the hair and place applicator tip against the skin at the base of the skull. Squeeze applicator firmly applying entire contents directly to skin.
On smaller dogs
Part the hair and place applicator tip against the skin between shoulder blades. Squeeze applicator firmly applying entire contents directly onto the skin.
On larger dogs
Apply entire contents of one applicator evenly to two, three or four spots at the shoulders, mid-back and over the rump/base of tail. At each spot part the hair until skin is visible. Place the tip of the applicator on the skin and gently squeeze a portion of the solution on the skin.
4. Wash your hands and avoid contact with the treated area(s) until dry.